A very special blogger, Melody, at Donkey Whisper Farms gave me the Ten Commandments Award several weeks ago. I am just now getting to the point that I have time to take action on acknowledging her recognition.
The Ten Commandments are from GOD, and are the standards to which we are to hold ourselves. The 10 commands can easily be grouped into two groups — love for God and love for others. These commandments where given to Moses and the Children of Israel in the wilderness after their escape from slavery in Egypt.
Can you imagine how much better our world would be IF all people lived and followed these commandments?
Ten Commandments from the Bible
The Ten Commandments Exodus 20:3-17. :
1. You shall have no other gods before Me.
2. You shall not make unto thee any graven image.
3. You shall not take the name of the Lord God in vain.
4. Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy.
5. Honor your father and your mother.
6. You shall not murder.
7. You shall not commit adultery.
8. You shall not steal.
9. You shall not bear false witness.
10. You shall not covet.
RULES: The rules for this award are that you must answer the following ten questions and nominate ten blogs that you think deserve the award.
1. Describe yourself in seven words.
Daughter of a King, Christian, Encourager, Loving, Trustworthy, Generous, Good Hearted
2. What keeps you up at night?
Concern about family members who are struggling and work related concerns.
3. Whom would you like to be?
4. What are you wearing now?
Jeans and an Independence Day shirt
5. What scares you?
That my son and other members of my family do not have a personal relationship with Jesus.
6. What are the best and worst things about blogging?
The best part of blogging is being able to share the gospel with so many through the internet and to be able to read other inspiring blogs that are encouraging my growth in many areas. And I have to add making new friends.
The worst thing about blogging – The spam and pingbacks!
7. What was the last website you looked at? http://www.donkeywhisperer.com – I love the site but went there to get the instructions on responding to this award.
8. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
I would have neck and shoulder muscles that did not hurt. They have been tense for so many years that they are rarely relaxed. I’ve spent too many years at a keyboard I guess.
9. Slankets, yes or no? Slankets are called Snuggies here. No Snuggies. Sweats or a blanket.
10. Tell us something about the person who nominated you.
Melody at http://donkeywhispererfarm2010.wordpress.com is a survivor of a horrible semi truck motor vehicle accident that could have taken her life. She still struggles with pain as the result of her injuries yet she makes the most of each day. She has such a sweet spirit and a tremendous love for donkeys. She is delightful Christian and an inspiration to all.
Bonus Question: What is your testimony for Jesus Christ?
The About page on my site contains my testimony — The link is https://mhoeth.wordpress.com/about/
Nominations for Ten Commandments Award:
1. World Vision International – I have sponsored a lovely young lady from Costa Rica for 10 years. Today Simalsey is 16. http://www.worldvision.org/content.nsf/pages/sponsor-a-child?open&campaign=1193512&cmp=KNC-1193512
2. Tim Moore, Senior Pastor at The Gospel Space — http://www.thegospelspace.com/
5. Max Lucodo – Max Lucado
Bloggers I have nominated for this Award:
May God’s showers of blessings fill your world.